February 28, 2022 Combined COVID-19 Task Force Recommendations

In light of the changing COVID-19 situation, the Combined COVID-19 Task Force (TF) held a meeting on February 28 to reevaluate the TBO COVID-19 safety protocols.  Per the Governor’s statement, as an individual organization we are empowered to make our own decisions with regards to COVID-19 protocols.  We used our value-based decision-making and focused on pikuach nefesh (sanctity of life) and connecting the community.  We also used health metrics to guide our decision.

The TF recommends that we maintain our current protocols until mid-April, in order to observe the results of the post mask mandate situation.  If cases remain below 25 per 100,000 population in Snohomish County (the original COVID-19 health metric for removing mitigating protocol) masking for in person activities at TBO will become optional.  This applies to Religious School and teen programming as well.  The TF will meet again in early April to assess the post mask mandate COVID-19 situation.

We will continue to live stream in person services for the foreseeable future to ensure that everyone has access to our prayer community.

Further, for TBO events not held at the Temple building, such as book club and Next Chapter, the group should clearly communicate what protocols will be followed at each event so that people can make an informed decision about participating.  The event coordinator will determine the protocols to be followed and share them.  A virtual option should be provided, if feasible.