Ukraine – Action & Donation Options
Our prayers are with the people of Ukraine. It can be difficult to know how to help. Here are some options:
- Donate: The Social Action Committee is donating to HIAS and Ukrainian Association of Washington, Rabbi Kort shared information about the World Union for Progressive Judaism, and there are many other organizations. See below for several options.
- Learn: The Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism website includes educational resources, a prayer service, and additional donation options.
- Shop: Shopping at local Ukrainian businesses such as Katya’s Bakery in Everett is a delicious way of showing support.
- Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society
- Ukrainian Association of Washington
- World Union for Progressive Judaism
- Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle
- International Rescue Committee
- Save the Children
- Doctors without Borders
- World Central Kitchen
- UN World Food Program
Direct Aid opportunity
Many of us are eager to provide assistance in a meaningful way to the brave people of Ukraine. Here is a great opportunity to give direct aid thanks to Nancy Sosnove’s cousins, Marlene and David Bohn. They have been working with a Jewish agency in Ukraine for years.
You can help by donating items listed below or by sending a check to Marlene Bohn (Ukrainian Aid in the notes) and they will purchase the items. You can have the items drop shipped to Marlene from Amazon, and if you are a Prime member, it won’t cost you anything. Another Jewish agency in Boston is paying for the shipping to Ukraine. The address was shared in ORbits – if you need the info, contact the office or the Social Action Committee for the details.
- baby wipes
- medical supplies (especially wound care bandages and blood clotting products)
- non-perishable food
- emergency/hand crank radios
- NO BATTERIES (they are unable to be shipped)