- 1 T dark sesame oil
- ½ lb firm tofu
- 4 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 c cold water
- 1 T grated fresh ginger root
- 1/8 t crushed red pepper
- 3 T teriyaki sauce
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- 8-oz package fresh linguine
- 1 lb bag frozen oriental style vegetables
- 1 small onion sliced lengthwise
- 2 scallions
- finely chopped
Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the tofu for 2 – 3 min, until golden on all sides.
In a large stock pot, bring the bouillon and water to a boil. Add the ginger, red pepper, teriyaki sauce, garlic and linguine. Simmer 2 min.
Stir in the browned tofu, frozen vegetables and onion, return to a boil and simmer 2 min more.
Stir in the sliced scallions and serve.